Geck Digital Services
We develop digital solutions for stationary retail by combining the best of the online & offline world and enabling new business models.
New technologies at the point of sale
In the Digital Lab, we develop future-proof digital solutions and technology systems for stationary retail. Interdisciplinary teams of technical computer scientists, software developers, designers and product developers design solutions for the future of retail there.
In the Digital Lab we find answers to your questions, solutions to your challenges and inspiration for your individual business model.
Digital construction kit for the retail trade
Geck has developed a construction kit with digital modules for the retail trade that covers the entire customer journey from planning to purchasing to evaluation.
Benefits for the retailer
✔ Increase in turnover
✔ improved consumer understanding
✔ individualised purchase recommendations
✔ improved shopping experience
✔ increased shop amenity
✔ optimal capacity planning
All digital modules can be combined flexibly
1st module: Shopping planning application (Geck SmartShopping)
- Create individual shopping lists on all devices
- Filter products, view prices, save lists
- Manage collaborative shopping lists
2nd module: Shopping trolley with mobile device (Geck SmartShopping)
- Tablet is attached to the shopping trolley in a holder and thus offers a large screen
- Easy transfer of the shopping list to end devices
3rd module: Indoor Navigation (Geck SmartShopping)
- Customers are navigated to the products
- Analyse visitor flows
- Evaluate individual walking routes
4th module: Individualised offers (Geck SmartShopping)
- Display offers digitally in the shop
- Individualised offers for the consumer
- location-based offers for the consumer
5th module: Real-time analysis & evaluation of the data
- Data collection through multiple sensors
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer behaviour
- Individual visualisation of the data
6th module: Digitisation of the retail space
- Digital twin of the shop floor
- Enables the optimal positioning of the merchandise
- Improvement of the shopping experience
7th module: GeckTec – digital deposit lock
- Robust deposit lock without battery
- Opening by smartphone via NFC
- Theft protection, durable & robust
8th module: People counting systems | CustCounting
- Verifiable control of people flows
- Mapping of simple to complex entry and exit situations
- Control of the system with mobile devices
Real-time B2B insights
analysis & evaluation
The analysis & evaluation of the data provides answers in the following areas:
The purchase planning application is a new channel to the consumer and provides valuable insights into purchase planning.
- How much of my turnover is planned in advance?
- What number of customers come to my branch spontaneously or planned?
- How can I optimally plan my capacities (staff, opening hours, availability of goods)?
Movement analysis in the shop
Precise and reliable position data is generated on the basis of light sensors and mobile phone data.
- What do the shopping routes of my consumers look like?
- Is my shop optimally positioned for an attractive shopping experience?
- How much time has my consumer spent inefficiently in the shop?
Waiting lines in the shop
Long waiting times at the checkout reduce consumer satisfaction and loyalty. Precise light sensor technology monitors queues and, in combination with movement data, predicts occupancy.
- What is the optimal cash desk staffing?
- How does queue length affect shopping frequency and customer loyalty?
- How many cashiers do I need to plan for next week?
Sales data is compared and linked with physical consumer behaviour data from the digital shopping cart, indoor navigation and digitised shop space.
- How often do consumers return to the shop?
- What are my consumers’ trading benchmarks (turnover, average purchase value, number of items in the basket, etc.)?
- How does the average shopping time affect the average number of items in the basket?
The consumer is not just a number, but receives an individual profile for the retailer, which reflects his or her behaviour before, during and after the purchase.
- Who is my customer (age, gender, shopping preferences, etc.)?
- Which offer campaigns work better or worse for different consumer groups?
- Was the bid campaign effective?